Saturday, October 9, 2010

I am a Buddhist

I am proud to say that I am a Buddhist.

He told me this for a few times: the advantage I have compare to the others is I have a lot of Buddhist knowledge in my mind and I have done a lot of readings.

Although I don't think I have practiced it very well in my life, but then I can see some changes in my thinking recently.

I have learnt not to judge anything just based on what I see and what I think. What I see might not be true, and what I think might be biased.

The Buddha said that everything arises due to causes and conditions and is subject to change. Who am I to judge all these causes and conditions? Who am I to hate a person because of that person's attitude?

Probably that's why I never really hate a person. I think that's how wisdom and compassion work hand in hand. Either one is important and you can't say which one is more important than the other.

Buddhism is a religion that helps us to solve our problems. Buddhism is a religion that could relieve all our suffering if we really practice it. Buddhism is a peaceful religion that have never started a war. The Buddha is a wise person who asked us to question everything he said and don't just believe him blindly. Buddhism is a religion that has been proven right by science and by questions, as opposed to the other religions in the world.

That's why I am so proud to be a Buddhist. I know that it's gonna be my direction of life. =)

No comments: