Wednesday, May 13, 2009

For you Mr.Au

An Old Friend (written by Yong Rong)

As I look up to the sky today

I can see that the clouds are gathering

The rain is going to drop any minute

The wind is blowing, sweeping down the leaves


But I know you don’t have to worry any more

You are on a new journey

Don’t look back please

Your duty here is over and done with


For so many years

We can see you working and walking unsteadily

Quietly sweeping fallen leaves

Untiring and uncomplaining, day after day


Even you were old you still had the good humour

You came to my place very trendy

Wearing long pants inside short pants out

The way the westerners do and asked us if you looked good


You are gone

Before I got the chance to visit you in sickness

But this may be better because when I think of you

You will still be the forever friendly and contented old man


Whatever sufferings you had gone through

They had already cleansed you from previous karma

Whatever merits that you accumulated this life

May they carry you to a better next life

No comments: