Friday, September 17, 2010

Be good

Very grateful with the decision I made last night.

Feeling very stressful and lazy, I chose to attend CDT although I can only be there for an hour.

It was somehow refreshing to me. To be able to sit down in such a comfortable environment, listening to shifu's talk, I felt very lucky that I made the right decision.

The talk was about meditation, shifu used a lot of examples of people that has no meditation or mindfulness. Sadly, I seemed to have most of the "symptoms".

I always thought that Dhamma is in my heart, and I am practicing it everyday. After the talk only I realised that I need to listen to more talks and read more books to remind myself of the Dhamma. It was really really refreshing to me, and miraculously cleared all my negative emotions.

I can now understand why a few friends of mine are really FAR away from the Dhamma after they left UNIBUDS, because there are work and family commitments which occupy most of their time. I hope I won't be like them.

After the talk, went to a friend's house to do assignment. Reached home at 1.30am, feeling absolutely exhausted, but happy.

Yes, this friend of mine does smoke and drink, and he's a Christian. But I feel free to be there with him and his friends. I am no longer a "President" or a "UNIBUDS EXCO" in front of them, I am just another friend of them. No more topics about excos, about Bodhi Nite, and that makes me happy. Perhaps that's one reason I would be happy if my good friends here are non-excos, sometimes life needs to be balanced. Hehe.

Most importantly, he respects me as a Buddhist and a vegetarian, and he doesn't drink and smoke in front of me, that's good enough.

I know that I won't have much time to rest and recharge, but I will just try to make the most out of my limited time.

I will be good.

No comments: